Thursday, April 29, 2010

Zesty Quinoa Bean Salad


You can enjoy this Quinoa dish hot or cold, I like to make a big batch and keep it in the fridge to feed us through the week for lunch and snacks... Makes about 6 servings. (Roughly. :)

Whatcha Need:

1 cup of uncooked Quinoa
1 Can Organic Great Northern Beans (Black beans would be fun, too!)
3/4 cup chopped carrots
1 cup Marinated Sun Dried Tomatoes (I get mine at the Mediterranean Store in the West Side Market... They'll change your life. I swear.)
1/2 cup of red onion (diced)
3/4 cup of slivered Almonds
1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper.

Cook Quinoa on the stove top or in a rice cooker, when finished, put in a mixing bowl.

Toss in ingredients... When I add my marinated tomatoes they're in a wonderfully seasoned oil, if you don't have this, add in a little oregano and garlic with your olive oil. I prefer fresh garlic but powder works, too.

Serve with avocado, extra almonds, and flax seeds!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment